Photo by Jeffrey Simms PhotographyPlanning a wedding takes alot of your time and energy. This is a huge event in your life. I know that you are juggling so much between your work, being engaged, family, home, and just plain life. Take a deep breathe and then take one more … slowly letting out all the worry and anxiety. Make a top 5 list of things that you can do right now to get things going as far as your wedding.
Here is an example:
1) Select the wedding date while talking to you finance about this date being the all important anniversary for the two of you marking each new year of your marriage.
2) Write down your top 5 favorite locations for both your ceremony and reception while also considering great spots for an after party- you will have such a blast after the reception since you are finally relaxed and ready to celebrate with your friends and won’t want the evening to end.
3) Start with a list for your bridal party for both of you talking about how to match up the girls and guys and choices for maid/matron of honor and best man. Even talk about flower girls, ring bearer, etc
4) Talk about the type of ceremony that works for both of you whether it be traditional, intimate, funny, religious, etc. and decide the time for the ceremony such as sunset, evening, morning, and so on. This will help answer questions when you start visiting locations for your wedding day.
5) Start putting together a guest list for both sides of the family. This will not only give you an idea of the size of the space that you need for your wedding but it will also help you know the cost per guest and help you with a wedding budget and can be used for sending Save The Dates.
This is the best place to start. Take it one step at a time until you complete all five tasks. Look for the next five tips next time. Until then, enjoy being in love and the excitement that comes with your engagement. Make your love a priority and follow the tips above to help you with planning your wedding day.
Photo by ididjeridoo